top of page

Consent letter for children travelling outside Canada

A consent letter demonstrates that a child has permission to travel outside Canada from every parent or guardian who is not accompanying them on the trip.

A consent letter should be used for all cross-border travel when a child is travelling:

  • alone

  • with only 1 parent or guardian

  • in the care of friends or relatives

  • with a group, such as a sports, school, musical or religious group

A consent letter can simplify travel for Canadian children as it may be requested by immigration authorities when entering or leaving a foreign country or by Canadian officials or airline agents when re-entering Canada.

download (4)_edited.jpg

Required information for travel consent letter:

  • Information of travelling child such as child’s full name, date of birth, address, passport number

  • Information of parents such as full name, date of birth, address, contact details. 

  • Full name and contact information about accompanying person (leave blank if child is travelling alone)

  • Travel dates (departure and return) 

  • Purpose of the trip

  • Emergency contact

  • Signature(s) of person(s) giving consent

  • Signature of witness

In Person Notarization

Online Notary

Drafting Services

Contact Us

Thanks for submitting!

If you have any questions questions, or concerns about our services or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us by sending a message. We are more than happy to help you with anything you need!

bottom of page